August 17, 2023
Dive into the goodness of our sun-dried tomato sourdough! Picture a crispy, golden crust that leads to a chewy, tangy center, with surprises of sun-dried tomatoes. And guess what? We've taken it up a notch with grated Parmesan – a combo that's pure perfection, baked with love and a touch of 'yum' by Leslie Carney
• 125 g sourdough starter
• 340 g water +10 g water when salt is added
• 500 g all-purpose flour
• 10 to 12 g of kosher salt
• 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 125 g sourdough starter and 340 g water. Stir until milky looking.
- Add flour and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Your day will be sticky.
- Cover bowl and allow to sit in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt over the dough, add water and knead for a couple of minutes until you no longer feel any salt in the dough.
- Add half the Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Knead into the dough.
- Cover and allow to rise for about an hour.
- Remove cover and do a series of lift and folds, making your way around the dough.
- When finished, cover again, and allowed to rise for another hour. Repeat this process two or three more times.
- Refrigerate dough for 8 to 12 hours. Cover with saran wrap.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll out onto lightly floured surface. Form a rectangle. Add additional sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Fold the dough in half and then in half again. Roll up the dough and turn - forming the letter C. Roll the dough forward and back to create tension. Invert the dough and place in a Bannaton basket. Add a little rice flour, to keep the door from sticking.
Allow to rise for 2 to 3 hours or until double in size.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat Dutch oven for 30 minutes
On a piece of parchment paper, invert
dough and score.
- Plaistow into hot Dutch oven and bake at 450°F for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 8 to 10 minutes.
Immediately remove the bread from your oven. Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Wait about 30 minutes until you slice your bread.
PS: While you are here, why not give a try to our delicious vino! Click here to learn more.