August 20, 2023
Craving a salad with a twist? Think crispy greens, tangy pepperoncini, tasty salami, and the satisfying bite of green olives, all paired with fried goat cheese goodness. Dress it up, dive in, and enjoy!
Recipe by Leslie Carney
• 6-8 ounce goat cheese log
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 1 egg
• 1/3 cup panko or bread crumbs
• 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 2 tablespoons butter for frying
• A few handfuls of your favorite greens
• 1/4 cup pepperoncini
• 6 ounces salami
• 1/2 cup or more - green olives
• Basil for garnish
• 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup apple cider or white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon or more of salt
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In your serving bowl, combine assorted greens and salami. Add marinated bocconcini and chopped olives, set aside.
- Slice goat cheese log into rounds.If you have time put them in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Drench in egg and flour.
- Add to preheated saucepan with olive oil and butter.
- Fry goat cheese rounds until brown on each side.
- Place warm goat cheese on your greens, peppers, olives, and salami.
- Add dressing and serve.
PS: While you are here, why not give a try to our delicious vino! Click here to learn more.