November 03, 2023
The holiday season is a time of joy, togetherness, and delicious food. This year, make your gatherings extra special with our Sourdough Discard Rolls by Leslie Carney 🍂 Don't let that sourdough discard go to waste – transform it into these soft, flavorful rolls that will take center stage on your holiday table.
• 115 g unfed sourdough discard
• 80 g whole milk
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 20 g olive oil
• 200 g all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoons salt
• Garlic butter
• 3 tablespoons butter
• Two cloves of garlic, minced
• Quarter teaspoon of salt
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the discard, milk, honey, and oil. Add flour and salt and mix until combined. Knead for 2 to 4 minutes. Your dough will be slightly sticky, and smooth.
- Shape dough into a ball. Place in Bannaton basket. Cover with towel and rest on the counter for about two hours.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the dough into eight equal pieces. Roll into a rope about 10 to 12 inches long. Tie each rope into a knot tucking end under.
- Brush with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bake rolls 12 to 14 minutes or until brown on top.
- Remove rolls from oven and brush with garlic butter.
PS: While you are here, why not give a try to our delicious vino! Click here to learn more.