September 29, 2023
Packed with hearty stew meat, tender pumpkin, carrots, and potatoes, this dish is a delightful ode to the cozy season. Slow-cooked to perfection, this stew is all about comfort and taste.
Plus, when served with warm sourdough bread, it becomes an instant family favorite. Whether it's a cozy family dinner or a casual get-together, Leslie's Pumpkin Beef Stew is your ticket to culinary bliss.
Ingredients: (Serves 4-6)
• 2 or 3 pounds stew meat
• 2 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil for searing the meat
• A generous amount of salt and pepper.
• 16 ounces beef or bone broth (I use homemade bone broth)
• Additional water to keep potatoes, pumpkin and beast covered.
• One or two sugar pie pumpkins. You’ll need about 2 cups of pumpkin. You can also use frozen pumpkin if you’d like.
• 2 or 3 russet potatoes, chopped
• One medium onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup celery
• 2 carrots
- The key to making a good beef stew is to take your time. Allow to simmer 4 to 8 hours, the longer the better.
- Sear stew meat in avocado or coconut oil until brown on all sides.
- Add onion and cook until onion is translucent and starting to get brown.
- Add celery and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Keep adding enough liquid to cover the meat so it doesn’t get dry.
- Allowed to cook for at least a couple of hours until the meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes and pumpkin, cook for two minutes.
- Add carrots. Make sure you adding enough liquid to cover your stew.
- Allow your stew to simmer until potatoes, pumpkin, and carrots are done. I usually keep adding water to the stew until the very end. Then I add my beef or bone broth. Serve with warm bread!
PS: While you are here, why not give a try to our delicious vino! Click here to learn more.