September 28, 2023
As the temperatures drop, warm up with our inviting Browned Butter Ravioli with Fried Sage by Leslie Carney! 🍁
This dish is a symphony of flavors, featuring tender ravioli bathed in nutty browned butter, crispy sage leaves, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. What makes it even better? With everyday ingredients and simple steps, it's a recipe that anyone can whip up effortlessly. So, get ready to enjoy the comfort and flavor this recipe brings to your table as the weather cools down!
Ingredients ( serves 4):
• Two packages of store-bought ravioli. I used butternut squash for this recipe!
• 8 tablespoons of butter
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Sage leaves - about 40 leaves
• Parmesan cheese to top
• Chopped hazelnuts or walnuts optional
- Cook ravioli according to manufacturers instructions. The fresh ravioli will cook quickly. I usually remove mine as soon as they float to the top.
- While your ravioli is cooking, in a medium skillet, add the butter. Cook for a few minutes until brown and fragrant. It will smell nutty and you will notice some brown flecks in the butter.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper
- Add sage, and lightly fry until sage looks crispy. Remove sage from the skillet and allow to cool on a paper towel.
- When the ravioli is done- add to the skillet and stir.
- Plate ravioli and top with sage, Parmesan, and crushed nuts if you’d like.
PS: While you are here, why not give a try to our delicious vino! Click here to learn more.