September 11, 2023
Imagine a wheel of creamy brie cheese, cradled in a flaky pastry and swirled with the sweetness of fig preserves. It's a pairing that brings out the best of both worlds - the rich, savory cheese and the fruity, indulgent jam.
This recipe by Leslie Carney is your ticket to enjoying cozy autumn evenings with friends and family. So, preheat that oven, gather your ingredients, and let's bake up a slice of fall goodness.
• 1 brie round
• A few tablespoons of fig preserves (I used @dalmatia_spreads )
• One egg, lightly whisked
• One 9 by 9 pre-rolled sheet
• Cooking twine
• Baking sheet and parchment paper
• Garnish with sage leaves, and cinnamon sticks
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Thaw out to pastry dough, according to instructions.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth out thawed pastry dough.
- Add a few tablespoons fig spread to the center of your pastry dough.
- Put Brie round on top of fig jam.
- Using a knife, cut off corners of dough.
- Wrap the brie cheese with the dough.
- Cut four or five pieces of twine and wrap each piece around the dough tying in the center. The folded side should be up!
- Brush with egg and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. This does reheat as well.
PS: While you are here, why not give a try to our delicious vino! Click here to learn more.